Oni 1 HPP is a greenfield, run-of-the-river project on the Rioni river in north-west Georgia with a total installed capacity of 122.5 MW and an expected annual generation of 441.2 GWh. The project’s expected annual output will comprise 3.3% of Georgia’s total electricity consumption.
The total investment required for the project is expected to be US$185M and the project has been planned on a build, own and operate (BOO) structure.
The feasibility study phase has been completed and the project is transitioning to construction phase, with planned commissioned power generation due to commence in 2024.
GCF owns a 10% equity stake in the project, and the remaining 90% is owned by the Georgian construction company, Peri Ltd.